I found this recipe here, but I have adjusted some of the amounts!
Author: Sue Daoulas
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 9 mins
Total time: 29 mins
- 500g lean beef, cut into thin strips approximately 2 inches long
- 1 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cleaned & trimmed, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 6 Brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 Capsicum, sliced
- 1 Courgette, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Gluten free, reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 4-8 Chinese chili peppers (optional)
- Cut the meat and vegetables and set aside.
- Grate the ginger and chop the chives and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in wok on high heat.
- Add ginger and chives to hot oil. Stir quickly and constantly for 1 minute.
- Add beef and pepper and continue to stir quickly and constantly until cooked (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove beef from pan. Try to keep most of the ginger and chives (and chilies if using) in the pan.
- Add vegetables to hot pan and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour soy sauce and vinegar over vegetables and mix well.
- Cover the vegetables, reduce heat to medium, and steam for 8-10 minutes (longer if you want softer vegetables).
- Remove lid and return beef to pan, sprinkle with sesame seeds if using, stirring constantly until meat is warm.
- Serve immediately over rice, or without rice if you’ve gone overboard on the veges like I did!